Help and Community for Users of Uberstudent
Return to UberStudent Home Page
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 am

All times are UTC

UberStudent Logo Shirt
Hey! You can wear this UberCool UberStudent Logo Shirt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:36 pm 
Established UberStudent User

I am a relatively newcomer to linux only using mint for 6 months. As i never experimented i have a lot to learn. My first inquiry concerns mounting the floppy disc to enable copying files from the download folder.(I want to use cmossave and bootsave as they have helped me in the past when experimenting with boot managers) I opened My Computer in file manager and clicked on the floppy drive and was presented with which application to use. Another problem i have is in chrome i get the message shockwave flash is not loaded although it is enabled in extensions. Any help is appreciated. I love this OS well done you clever people.

Get an UberCool UberStudent Shirt!

UberStudent Logo Shirt
UberStudent Logo Shirt by uberstudent
See other Uberstudent T-Shirts
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:47 am 
UberStudent Forum Helper

Hi Brian,

Brian Croll wrote:
I [...] clicked on the floppy drive and was presented with which application to use.

Did you chose the file manager to open the floppy drive when you were asked to chose an application?

As for your Flash problen, I can't help you, sorry. I had the same issue on one of my computers (a really old one) although it worked on another one on which I installed UberStudent from the same CD. I tried reinstalling the Flash plugin from the official website, from the repositories, tried disabling and re-enabling it in all my browsers (Chrome and Firefox). And it still does not work.
Hope someone can help you :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:21 am 
Established UberStudent User

thanks for the prompt reply and no i never chose the file manager which makes sense now you have pointed it out. The flash problem seems widespread i went to the google forum and there are no end of people with the same problem. Google say they are working on an update and for some deleting the pepperflash folder seems to work for others it doesn't.

Click Here to Get Inexpensive UberStudent Discs

Click here to get UberStudent discs delivered to your mailbox
Delivered Directly to Your Mailbox!